GraveDiggers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paintball

Homepage  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» I.O.N. 2011
Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:13 pm by reshepman

» Shirt money
Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:58 pm by Murdoc

» Patches ordered
Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:50 pm by Phantom

» Ocean Tiger at OXCC
Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:27 am by 72Virgins

»  TSSOC Presents: Army of Darkness
Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:07 pm by Phantom

» The Thing II
Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 4:43 pm by Murdoc

» Stalingrad 2011
Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:16 am by Murdoc

» Pacific Theater Scenario Series 2011
Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:23 pm by 72Virgins

» Attu: The forgotten battle March 20th 2011
Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:19 pm by 72Virgins

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Standard Operating Procedure

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Murdoc
Founder
Murdoc

Standard Operating Procedure Empty
PostSubject: Standard Operating Procedure   Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:13 am

The Gravediggers - The Basics

We are primarily a scenario paintball team. What this means is that we attend large events of our choosing where we play games that are centered around a theme, such as "The Invasion of Normandy" for example.

These events are a lot of fun and take quite a bit of planning and organization, but are well worth the effort.

But that is by no means the only type of paintball we engage in. We also play EVERY TWO WEEKS at a field just outside of Columbia, PA. This is where we practice and develop as a team. The family that owns the field has generously allowed us to play there free of charge, so we treat the field with the level of respect that is deserved by that kind of trust.

As far as equipment, we require full-face masks for all players on an active field of play. This is to protect you, as nearly 95% of paintball eye injuries result in blindness to one degree or another.

Players are free to use either CO2 or High-pressure air tanks. High-pressure air will be provided on the field for refills, as this is the air supply used by the majority of the team, and CO2 refills are simply beyond our ability to provide. For use of the field and air, we charge a $5.00 fee. All dues go towards the maintenance of the field, the supply of air, or in the future, the purchase of team supplies or discounts on scenarios.

As for paint, there are two types which we do not allow to be used on the field: Monsterball and Impact. Impact stains clothing and is very difficult to wash out, and because Monsterball has a plastic shell rather than gelatin, it hurts like hell when you are hit with it, and it seldom breaks.

Well, that is the basics. Any questions, just ask!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gravediggerpaintball.com
Murdoc
Founder
Murdoc

PostSubject: Re: Standard Operating Procedure   Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:49 pm

As a minor addendum to the list of prohibited paints:

Jester brought it to my attention that Impact has changed their formula and shell. He brought some out to the field and it shot great. No more staining, nice shell dispersal upon impact, which basically resolves the issues that kept it off the field.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The "good" Impact paint comes in a box labelled "Eco-Fill" with green leaves. The old Impact still sucks. Make sure if you are buying it from Walmart that you check the box to make sure it is the new stuff BEFORE you buy.
Back to top Go down
Goose/MadHatter
Sergeant
Sergeant
Goose/MadHatter

PostSubject: Re: Standard Operating Procedure   Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:14 pm

From a professional standpoint... I recommend and will only shoot RPS, Diablo, and XO paint. As a player for over 20 years I find it to be consistent and easily cleaned up.

If I have a choice it is what I will use!
Back to top Go down
Murdoc
Founder
Murdoc

PostSubject: Re: Standard Operating Procedure   Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:02 pm

I am definitely interested in getting some of that paint you had today in the near future. The price sounds just about right!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standard Operating Procedure   Standard Operating Procedure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Standard Operating Procedure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GraveDiggers :: Public Threads :: Welcome-
Jump to: