GraveDiggers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paintball

Homepage  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» I.O.N. 2011
Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:13 pm by reshepman

» Shirt money
Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:58 pm by Murdoc

» Patches ordered
Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:50 pm by Phantom

» Ocean Tiger at OXCC
Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:27 am by 72Virgins

»  TSSOC Presents: Army of Darkness
Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:07 pm by Phantom

» The Thing II
Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 4:43 pm by Murdoc

» Stalingrad 2011
Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:16 am by Murdoc

» Pacific Theater Scenario Series 2011
Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:23 pm by 72Virgins

» Attu: The forgotten battle March 20th 2011
Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:19 pm by 72Virgins

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Murdoc
Founder
Murdoc

Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Empty
PostSubject: Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up   Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:45 am

Gentlemen our first scenario as a team is in the books, and everybody once again exceeded my expectations. First off, I'd like to thank BnS and Gonzo for coming out to the game and playing with the Gravediggers, and we hope to play with you guys in the future! All told, there were seven of us, and every person played their best.

Special congratulations go out to Duke for attending his first Big Game! Now that he has had a taste of scenario gaming (and Skirmish paint!), I'm sure we'll be seeing him on future trips.

The final score was: Red Team - 13, Yellow Team 12. It doesn't get any closer than that. While the score lists this as a loss, I know that every member who attended the game fought hard and fair in the face of players who sometimes did neither. I was very pleased with our showing at this game, and both Skirmish staff and players alike took notice of the team. Great work!

One interesting note: Saint's behemoth sniper rifle, "Nicodemus" took the prize for coolest looking marker! After hauling that big bitch up on the stage, I understand why it is a fixed-position-type weapon.

Lastly, I am asking everyone who attended this game to come up with a list of 3 things that you think we can do better for the next game. This can be anything from organizational stuff to communication, etc. There is always room for improvement, and we are well on our way.

MURDOC
Back to top Go down
http://www.gravediggerpaintball.com
Arimel
Corporal
Corporal
Arimel

Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up   Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 4:33 pm

The game was exciting indeed. Here are some things that I think we, as a team, can work on for improvement:

1. Communication. The off-field comm is awesome. However, I know that I would personally benefit from instruction on silent signals, such as body language and hand motions. This way all team members will be familiar with the same signs. Additionally, radio checks and review might be a good idea before scenarios.

2. Landscape. Knowing the landscape better than the competition is a major advantage. Thus the term "Home Field Advantage." I know that many players are more familiar with Skirmish than others, mainly due to more experience. Murdoc had the excellent foresight to bring maps for each two-man team. I think it would help if we reviewed the map before games, so that experienced players can advise on the best routes to get to different locations. This will make it easier to find each other.

3. Formations. This can always be enhanced. I'd like to work on cover fire and moving in various formations, including the buddy system. Also, I think we can improve on moving as a team, with all groups staying in the same general vicinity and moving together.

4. Material Preparedness. This is more of a personal goal. I feel like every time I play, some part of my gear doesn't want to cooperate. I want to make sure all of my gear works each practice before a scenario, and learn how to fix all of my gear.
Back to top Go down

Millionth Man - Post-Game Wrap-Up
Page 1 of 1