GraveDiggers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paintball

Homepage  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» I.O.N. 2011
Field Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:13 pm by reshepman

» Shirt money
Field Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:58 pm by Murdoc

» Patches ordered
Field Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:50 pm by Phantom

» Ocean Tiger at OXCC
Field Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:27 am by 72Virgins

»  TSSOC Presents: Army of Darkness
Field Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:07 pm by Phantom

» The Thing II
Field Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 4:43 pm by Murdoc

» Stalingrad 2011
Field Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:16 am by Murdoc

» Pacific Theater Scenario Series 2011
Field Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:23 pm by 72Virgins

» Attu: The forgotten battle March 20th 2011
Field Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:19 pm by 72Virgins

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Field Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Murdoc
Founder
Murdoc

Field Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Field Ideas   Field Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:40 pm

This is for anyone to suggest ideas on how to improve or change the field to better suit our needs and make it safer and more fun to play on. All ideas are welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gravediggerpaintball.com
Murdoc
Founder
Murdoc

Field Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field Ideas   Field Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:44 pm

One of the things that Jester and I want to accomplish during our upcoming field day the Thursday before game day is to break up the cluster of bunkers in the middle of the upper lane and spread some of them to the backfield, which at this point is completely open. We are also going to try and cut a second back lane that will connect the far backfield to the back path.

We are looking for ideas to make the hill at the opening of the field a little safer as well. For those of you who have played here for a while, you all know how dangerous that thing gets during wet or snowy weather. The goal is to have that problem knocked out before winter rears it's ugly head again this year. Any ideas as to how this may be accomplished are welcome. One plan I had was to cut out the hill, place cut railroad ties anchored by rebar, and fill the new steps in with dirt. Needless to say, this will be a lot of work.

Any other ideas to make the field more playable, let us know.
Back to top Go down
Goose/MadHatter
Sergeant
Sergeant
Goose/MadHatter

Field Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field Ideas   Field Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:54 pm

I'd like to see the field cleared more on the entrance/Reds field side. We gained some land there and if cleared again its easier to navigate the hill there.

Also some better paths cut into the main over growth in the backfiled. Needs to be a min 3 feet wide.
Back to top Go down
JESTER
Private 2
Private 2
JESTER

Field Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field Ideas   Field Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:13 pm

I like the idea of another entrance out towards the open field. Definitely something that will be further looked at. As far as the back side paths to the lower portion of the field we kinda ran out of time but it will get done. We are looking for a push mower to work on that lower side with. It would be nice if we could get the tractor over there but it's not gonna happen. If anyone has a push mower or any other tools to loan us it will definitely benefit everyone. The next scheduled filed day is Thursday Sept. 9th if anybody could attend to help myself and Murdoc please do so. We have plenty of ideas and work to be done just not enough manpower at this point. Either way we will keep plugging away at it and do what we can this season. We only have a few months left of decent weather and whatever we can do now will give a jump on things when spring rolls around.
Back to top Go down
http://sh5jester.synthasite.com/
Goose/MadHatter
Sergeant
Sergeant
Goose/MadHatter

Field Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field Ideas   Field Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:18 pm

watch craigslist for a cheap mower...
Back to top Go down
JESTER
Private 2
Private 2
JESTER

Field Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field Ideas   Field Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:19 pm

I do not have anywhere to store one but i'm sure we could keep it in the barn
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Phantom

Field Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field Ideas   Field Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Well Ill talk to my mother in law about the decking could build alot with it.
Back to top Go down
JESTER
Private 2
Private 2
JESTER

Field Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field Ideas   Field Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:14 am

One of our next main projects is to work on a bunker or fort in that open backfield.
Back to top Go down
Murdoc
Founder
Murdoc

Field Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field Ideas   Field Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:06 pm

I talked with Saw tonight about tearing down that playground stuff, and he was all for it. I will talk to Red about storing the materials near our staging area and see what he says. Another idea I had was to build real tables and a decent staging area. That way, everybody has a nice clear place to set up their gear off of the ground. I want to build it modular, so that if we decide to move the staging area in the future, we'll be able to. What are everyone's thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Phantom
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Phantom

Field Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field Ideas   Field Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:24 am

Well I can get the decking and leave one peice sold its like 8x10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Field Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Field Ideas   Field Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Field Ideas
Page 1 of 1